Please follow the procedure below to properly uninstall and re-install Drobo Dashboard on a Mac computer.
- Download the latest version Drobo Dashboard from Downloads and Docs.
- Once downloaded to your desktop, double click on the Drobo Dashboard .dmg file
- From the Drobo Dashboard screen select UNINSTALL, follow the prompts to uninstall
Drobo Dashboard version prior to 2.5.x:
- Download the latest version of Drobo Dashboard for Macs from Downloads and Docs. Note the file name (e.g., ddinstaller_1-6-6.dmg) and the location where you store it.
- Put Drobo into Standby or Shutdown (Drobo Dashboard > Tools)
- When the power light has turned orange (Drobo) or otherwise turned off, disconnect the data cable (USB, FireWire, or iSCSI) from Drobo to your computer.
- If Drobo Dashboard is running, close it completely by clicking on the red X in the upper left-hand corner of the window, or the "X" in the upper-right corner of the window, depending on your version of Drobo Dashboard. (You may also need to click on "Drobo Dashboard" in the upper left-hand corner of your screen and select "Quit.")
- Please navigate to the Drobo Dashboard uninstaller, located in: Mac -> Hard Drive -> Library -> Application Support -> Data Robotics -> Drobo Dashboard.
- Double-click the file, Drobo_Dashboard_uninstall.app.
- Follow on-screen instructions to uninstall Drobo Dashboard. Once the uninstall process is complete, delete the remaining Drobo files/folders, Drobo Dashboard, Drobo, Dashboard uninstall app. Empty the trash and restart your Mac.
- You will be asked to enter the administrative password for the Mac. IMPORTANT NOTE: If your administrative password contains a space or other non-alphanumeric characters, please enclose the entire password with quotes (i.e. "my password" vs. my password).
- After the uninstall completes, find the file you downloaded from the website in step 1. Double-click the .dmg installer file and follow the on-screen directions.
- After your Mac restarts, open Drobo Dashboard (Finder -> Applications ->Drobo Dashboard).
- Connect the data cable to your Drobo device(s) and power it (them) on.
- Drobo Dashboard should discover any Drobo devices you have connected to your Mac.