Article Id: AA-01770Last updated date: 01-20-2017
Depending on the if you have a 5 bay or 8 bay Drobo device please use the diagrams below for drive bay light information:
To see if your Drobo is booting normally, check the following article:
What should the lights look like during a normal boot process for my Drobo?
Youtube Vidoe: Understanding the Drobo lights
Important drive bay light conditions and additional information:
If any of the following conditions exist, power off the Drobo and contact support:
- Normal boot = Drive bay lights solid Green, power light Green and correct number of blue capacity lights.
- When all lights are flashing yellow, the Drobo may be in initialization mode.
- If the drive bay lights on the Drobo are flashing green & yellow, the Drobo is in Data Protection mode.
- If the Drobo device is in Data Protection and begins to reboot.
- Drobo device fails to boot completely or is constantly rebooting.
- Drive bay lights are all Red: too many hard drives removed.
- If have a drive in the Drobo but the Drive Bay light is not lit or blinks red after it has been replaced.